Every year, more than 130,000 international students from different corners of the world come to study in Canada by getting Canada Student Visa (from outside Canada). Many others come to Canada to learn French or English

You need to have—

To be eligible for study in Canada, you need to—

  • Have sufficient funds to pay for your
  • Living expenditure for yourself and any family member accompanying you to Canada;
  • Tuition fees; and
  • Return ticket for yourself and any accompanying family member to Canada.
  • Have been accepted by any designated learning institute in Canada;
  • Be in good health and ready to complete any medical examination(if needed);
  • Be a law-abiding national having no criminal record and must not be considered to be a risk to security of Canada(for this, you may need to furnish a police certificate);
  • Convince an immigration official that you shall move out of Canada after your authorized stay in Canada comes to an end.

Exception to requirement of a Canada student visa

If you want to study in a short-term program/course that is of six months/less duration, then you do not require any Canada student visa. However, you must complete the program within six months period of your authorized stay in Canada.

Documents needed to apply for a Student Visa outside Canada.

  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of acceptance
  • Proof of financial support
  • Letter of explanation

Apart from the above mentioned documents, you might need to provide some other details when you apply for a student visa outside Canada. If you are not a citizen of a nation where you submit your student visa application, then you will have to furnish a proof of your present immigration status in the nation where you are applying.

To get detailed information about applying as a student kindly contact SAI Canada Immigration Today for a Free Consultation!